We are proud to create this event and welcome all people to be a part of what will be a truly unique and joyous event for years to come.
The Sydney Skinny has chosen this location so that we can help develop the beautiful Middle Head through raising money for a walkway project. The Sydney Skinny will be a fully ticketed event as we aim to help Middle Head achieve their goal of building a walkway and completing their upgrade project.
When - Sunday 17th February 2013
What is the distance - The swim is a short 900m rectangle course in the calm and sheltered waters of Middle Head
Where - Cobblers Beach, Middle Head, Sydney Harbour National Park, Australia
Age restrictions - All participants must be over 18 years of age to swim Skinny
Start time - Event site opens at 8am and we’ll be finishing up at 12pm
Swim time - Swimmers will be allowed to start at 9am and must have commenced their swim by 10am – no swimmers will be allowed to start their swim after this time.
Privacy - This event is a private, fully ticketed event and we will not allow spectators to be onsite. We want everyone to feel comfortable and the excitement of doing something that can't do at just any beach... swim in your skin!
Where will we be clothes free? The only area where people will be clothes free is on the beach. The Festival area will not be nude/clothes free - so you and other swimmers will only be bare running from the beach into the water!
For more information about The Sydney Skinny go to our FAQs page
- Are you a corporate executive who is bored of the boardroom?
- Do you need a goal to get you moving or get in shape?
- Do you need to conquer the body issues?
- Want to take the plunge and enjoy Sydney Harbour's beautiful waters?
- Want to get involved with an event that’s a little bit naughty?
Cost - The Sydney Skinny is a fully ticketed event, as we want everyone there to be there to participate and be a part of the excitement of the swim, whilst helping us raise funds for National Parks!
- The Sydney Skinny 900m Swim - $35, no times or racing, just groups of swimmers being set off to run into the water with a flash of exhilaration and the sheer enjoyment of a lovely swim
- Supporters - Not sure about the swim, but want to come along and support others? $15 for individuals or $30 for the family
*Supporters will not be permitted to access the beach, only the swimmers will be able to go to the beach
How to enter - go to the entries section of the website where you can register securely online for all swimmers and supporters. There is also a download hardcopy form if you would prefer.
Donating - Through the well-known and trusted Everyday Hero fundraising portal, anyone can become a fund raiser and start asking their family or friends to donate funds for our cause, directly to Foundation of National Parks and Wildlife. In addition to building a fundraising page, or perhaps as a more simple option, you can simply add a donation amount while completing your entry into the event.
By car – we encourage everyone to use public transport to and from the event but there is all day parking along Middle Head Road, there’s parking spaces at George’s Heights Oval and there is limited metered parking at Middle Head National Park
Private Coaches – The Sydney Skinny will be providing private coaches from 8am to 12pm with a return service from Mosman Junction (corner of Middle Head Road and Muston St) to Middle Head Sydney Harbour National Park.
By Ferry – Unfortunately the ferries only commence from Circular Quay at 8 -55am arriving in Mosman from 9 -07am and we encourage all swimmers to arrive before this time to prepare for their swim.
Transport App - Try ‘Trip View Sydney’ app for all public transport options.
By Bus - There a many bus routes that travel from Sydney CBD and North Sydney.
- Bus no. 244 & 247 from Wynyard to Mosman Junction from 6 -30am
- Bus no. 190 from Haymarket to The Spit Junction from 7am
- Bus no. 190, 178, 180 from Wynyard to The Spit Junction from 7am
- Bus no. 143 & 144 from Chatswood to The Spit Junction from 8 -14am
- Bus no. 169 & 173 from Allambie Heights to The Spit Junction from 8am
- Bus no. 190 from Palm Beach to The Spit Junction from 7am
- Bus no. 230 from Miller St (corner Berry St) from 8 -43am
- Bus no. 184, 180 & 178 from Brookvale to The Spit Junction from 7am
* These bus times and routes were accurate at the time of publishing, please check with Sydney Busses prior to event day to avoid disappointment
Swim Course Map
Are you Ready to be Skinny?
“The dash from the shoreline into the waves will be the hardest bit but once I am in the water - what the hell!.”
“It will be great fun and very exhilarating to strip off and dive into the waves. Thank goodness it's going to be Summer!”
“'I'm quite shy and I have never swam naked before. But there is no embarrassment - it will be great fun.”
“I’m very proud to and excited to be joining in this unique event - it is something I will be able to tell my grandchildren...”
"… what better way than in a great community event like this - I like the idea that clothes, constraints and inhibitions are left on the sand".
“Wonderful idea. Love it.”
“We are born naked. who cares who sees your body – be naked with nature for a great cause. The more the merrier….”
“WOW. Can I just say, what an event this is! So interesting and different! Good on ya! :)”
“I heard about this morning, and booked flights from Perth to do it! Wahoooooooo”
“Coooool! Looking forward to it!”